Tuesday 20 June 2017

Midnightsnack

I'm laying in bed and should have been asleep a long time ago. Should have been in bed a long time ago. The light is out and a humming starts. The unmistakable humming of a mosquito. 'You've got to be kidding me', I'm thinking and turn the light beside the bed back on. No joke. A mosquito. Still flying at the bed in the corner. The very corner where the spider is, too, although without a visible web. The spider goes to the mosquito, but doesn't quite get it. Turns instead to some other tiny flying creatures that came in through the window drawn in by the light. I help the spider a bit and blow the mosquito just once away from me and towards the spider. Now the spider gets it. It weaves the web around the mosquito. I turn the light out again. Only once I hear a soft humming from the mosquito. Then it's quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment